Absolution of Deathwing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Absolution of Deathwing

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Aethilus - Warlock, any spec

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Aethilus

Aethilus - Warlock, any spec Empty
PostSubject: Aethilus - Warlock, any spec   Aethilus - Warlock, any spec EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 5:58 pm

1. Character Name: Aethilus

2. Class/Race/Professions: Warlock/Undead/Jewelcrafting/Tailoring

3. Armory Page: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Deathwing&cn=Aethilus

4. Please specify your experience regarding each of the following periods of content. (Level 60 - Pre BC, Level 70 - Burning Crusade, Level 80 - Etc. and please be more in depth than "I have cleared everything up to ICC")

Vanilla: I did not play during vanilla, but I have gone back and raided all of the zones and world bosses of level 60, except naxx 40. One of my sources of income in game is actually to solo Nightmare dragons (which each drop 180g and a few epics) and Azuregos (who drops 150g and plenty of vendor loot, plus the blue dragon sinew that I can sometimes find some ridiculous hunter to buy, though not lately)

BC: I started my first character in July of 2008, which is my warlock, I hit level 70 about 1-1.5 months later and had raided the genuine versions of Karazhan, Magtheridon's Lair, and Gruul's lair before patch 3.0 hit. After Patch 3.0 I was able to complete SSC and BT up to but not including Illidan.

WotLK:
Tier 7 content: I hit level 80 a couple weeks after WotLK was released, I didn't start raiding immediately because I was ahead of my guild at the time. As the holidays started I was unable to play due to personal reasons for a brief period of time, until about March of '09. I got my first Naxx clears in March and April. I also killed Sartharion 10/25man and Malygos 10/25man at similar times.

Tier 8 content: When Ulduar was released and I raided it almost exclusively in 10man for several months, My guild at the time, 'Vigilance' was only a 10 player guild, and I had very few opportunities to play outside of our 10man raid times. When the guild progressed through to Mimiron, we just couldn't carry a few bad players through the encounter, and it eventually fell apart. I have yet to clear 10man or 25man Ulduar.

Tier 9 content: I quit the game voluntarily for several months after Vigilance fell apart, and only returned as ToC was winding down, and ICC was about to be released. I managed to clear ToC in both 10 and 25man before ICC was released, but have yet to kill a single boss in ToGC 10, and have only 2/5 in ToGC 25, primarily because you just can't get good pugs for them and my current guild, Then There Was Silence, has too many bads in it that refuse to go back to even ToGC 25 when it still has very solid upgrades for many of them, and myself.

Tier 10 content: When ICC was first released, the power supply in my computer had unfortunately burnt itself out just 2 days beforehand. When my warranty finally came through I cleared the first wing approximately 2 weeks late in both 10 and 25man, one of my most ridiculous accomplishments to date was successfully failing to notice that I wore the actual tier 2 helm I had gotten many months back soloing Onyxia before she was made level 80, instead of the tier 9 equivalent helm which has the same aesthetic appearance for the first 2 full weeks of 10/25 ICC content. When Plagueworks was released, TTWS was server number 4 on killing Festergut, server number 12 on killing rotface, we didn't kill Putricide until after Crimson Hall was released, at server number 9. When Crimson Hall was released, we got the server number 17 kill of princes, which I tank for the guild as a warlock in both 10 and 25man, and then server number 10 of BQL. In Frostwing halls, we were number 12 on Valithria, and then 8 on Sindragosa.

In 10man ICC, I was one of the players chosen for the core group, and we have progressed through Lich King and done Marrowgar, Deathwhisper, Gunship, Festergut, Rotface, and BQL on heroic mode. The group traditionally has only 3 ranged dps and we have been unable to kill Saurfang on heroic, despite multiple attempts, we attempted heroic Valithria twice, but failed that as well. We have not attempted any other bosses on Heroic mode yet, mostly due to time constraints on the 10man group.

5. Screen shot of your raid UI. Keybinds beyond the default 1-0 are REQUIRED in this guild:

https://s936.photobucket.com/albums/ad205/Aethilus/Absolution/
In that album are three relevant screenshots as to what my UI might look like, I am unable to form a raid at this time.
Please note, the one action bar you see is *NOT* my only action bar, I have every ability I could possibly want to use keybound somewhere, I do not click abilities at anytime for any reason. Due to many UI changes over the weeks/months these buttons are scattered EVERYWHERE on the screen but bartender hides them effectively while keeping them active, I honestly don't know what it would look like, but it wouldn't be pretty, nor have the amazing amount of open screenspace my UI has over any other UI I have ever seen.
The UI I use now is not any kind of pre-built package, its comprised primarily of Shadowed Unit Frames, Bartender, Omen, Power Auras, and Deus Vox Encounters (I have DBM installed as well, but I prefer Deus Vox for almost all encounters.) I also run a few vanity addons including atlasloot, WoW instant messenger, and recount. Recount is not on my UI during any in combat situations, I don't have any need to see a vanity meter whilst needing to pay attention to other things.

6. Link to your guild's WWS and/or explanation of your classes preferred stats for your spec/specs and rotation/ability priority.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-nd55gvnjxl1opgrw/
^ A recent 10man heroic ICC raid ^
My first step is to put up my curse, which will in almost all cases be curse of doom, unless the raid lacks both an unholy DK and a boomkin, in which case it would be curse of elements. Following that, I cast corruption and immolate, keeping them and my CoD rolling whilst filling dps time with Shadow Bolt. When molten core procs, three X's appear above my characters head due to my Power Auras setup. These X's represent the number of charges on my current Molten Core proc. This helps me keep track of how many incinerates I need to cast, in case molten core procs again, before I've cast three incinerates.
If a boss fight involves adds, I can often get Decimation procs before the primary target is at or below 35%. I will use whatever soul fires I can there.
When the primary target is sub-35%. I use Soul Fire as my filler, and I cast shadowbolt only once every 30 seconds to keep up the 5% crit debuff, while rolling my dots, if I do not expect the primary target to live longer than 1 minute, I use curse of agony in the place of curse of doom.
My uptimes in that parse actually seem pathetic, but I just today raided 25 ToC with Fountaiin and Gershwin, I'm not sure if they noticed me but it might be worth a shot.
I apologize that that link is somewhat corrupted in the overall data, the person who registered it apparently pvped after the raid without closing it down first Razz

7. Can you make all of our raid times? If you are going to consistently miss 1 or more of our raids a week because of family or work you will not be considered to join: (8pm - 12am MST server Monday - Thursday)
At this exact second I am only available tuesday through thursday and sunday if you still choose to raid then, however, I have very flexible work hours, and if accepted into the guild I can within 1-3 weeks maximum become available on mondays as well, I don't want to make the change to my schedule unless I am already invited or very very near an invite though.

8. Previous Guild(s) and why you left:

In Burning Crusade I was in a extremely pathetic guild called Ctrl Human Delete, I didn't do anything with them, just pugged with random groups in trade chat.
As Wrath came out I joined a guild called Vigilance, we raided mostly 10man content until most of the way through Ulduar as described above, the guild eventually died due to lack of motivation after 2-3 weeks of clearing to Mimiron and then being unable to kill him.
I am now in Then There Was Silence, the guild was progressing through ICC fairly strongly though not at the top of the server as described, and now we've lost so many players and so much motivation that we don't even clear our farm content, hence my desire to change guilds.

9: What is your in-game financial situation? Are you able to buy the best enchants, flasks and gems? If you are planning on putting 85 AP on your new hard-mode weapon, we don't want you in our guild.

I keep mats for enchanting gems that I can cut personally, and a spellthread for any pants upgrades, Hodir item for shoulders, and Kirin Tor item for Head enchants all on my character at all times, so when I get an upgrade I can with very minimal delay, immediately equip it and have it up to its full potential. While I only have about 4k, I seem to hover around that very easily despite buying flasks, gems, and repairs, etc. I always use epic gems in my gear and top of the line enchants.

10: What are you looking for in a guild and what are your expectations for your fellow guild members.

I have read many apps on your website over the past few weeks, and have seen people answer this question looking for a super respectful guild where everyone is friends and no one ever says anything bad about anyone at anytime for any reason.
*This is not what I want in a guild*
I am a semi-talkative person. As I get to know the people I am raiding with, I will talk over vent often, I will make jokes, I can take jokes, I can listen to criticism and respond to it.
The one thing I am unable to tolerate is if people are just simply annoying and childish over vent, (Breathing heavily into their mics, screaming at the top of their lungs for absolutely no reason, etc.)

11: Are you available outside of raids, before or after and for how long? We value 10 mans. Not only because there are good upgrades, but we are able to work together and practice as a group towards further progress.

I currently work for Domino's Pizza as a delivery expert. I work usually for 4-8 hours a day depending on the shift I get, while I can define what I'm available to work for, aka becoming available to raid on mondays, I cannot determine exactly what shift I will get on any given day of any given week. By this, I would have to have either an *extremely* flexible 10man raid group, or not participate in Absolution 10mans and perhaps convince the 10man group I currently run with to continue having me with them. The solution for this dilemma is yet unsolved.

12. Any other information you would like to include, about yourself, such as age, where you live, etc, and about your character and/or why you think Absolution would be a good fit:

I am 20 years old between High School and college, I've been saving a great deal of money to pay for college, I am going to register for fall semester this year, I am planning to major in a mathematics field, most likely Physics. When I do register for college I will be quitting my job, so I'd likely stay available to raid, depending on the workload.

There is no place on this application to list the spec you want to raid in, but I am currently demonology with destro offspec, the destro spec was made for 10man Saurfang heroic mode attempts. I am experienced in raiding in all three Warlock specs, affliction from back when it was cool in naxx, so I'm sure I can handle it now that 2 dots have been removed from the rotation, and destro from when it was cool in Ulduar.

13. Connection and computer specs that you use to play:

I play on 1.5 mbps DSL
Computer specs:
Intel Core2 duo cpu
E 8400 @ 3 ghz
2 gb ram (I'm upgrading to more ram soon, as ICC graphics seem to be using too much and I'm forced to turn off some addons in 25man content)

14. Contact information:

You can contact me on these forums, or via ingame tells/mail, or over ventrilo.
Back to top Go down
Fountayne

PostSubject: Re: Aethilus - Warlock, any spec   Aethilus - Warlock, any spec EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:10 pm

If you don't mind me asking, wouldn't Demo be a bit counter-intuitive in your 10 man group, as I believe I only saw one other dps caster.
Back to top Go down
Aethilus

PostSubject: Re: Aethilus - Warlock, any spec   Aethilus - Warlock, any spec EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:13 pm

The destro spec is used for some fights in the 10man and the demo was necessary for the 25man group, destros dps is pathetic, but necessary for shadowfury and daze in some fights, and I didn't want to have to respec twice each night that we raided so I could be affliction in the majority of 10man fights and still have demo available for 25man.
Back to top Go down
Destruktive
Destruktive

PostSubject: Re: Aethilus - Warlock, any spec   Aethilus - Warlock, any spec EmptySun Apr 04, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanks for taking the time to fill out an informative app, i'll put in my 2 bits when I have more time.

If your guild is falling apart, this is a really good opportunity for the A players in that guild to come over to Absolution. So if you have any friends in there that are damn good, please send them our way.
Back to top Go down
Gershwin
Gershwin

PostSubject: Re: Aethilus - Warlock, any spec   Aethilus - Warlock, any spec EmptyMon Apr 05, 2010 10:40 am

Accepted
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aethilus - Warlock, any spec   Aethilus - Warlock, any spec Empty

Back to top Go down

Aethilus - Warlock, any spec
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Absolution of Deathwing :: Public Discussion :: Accepted-
Jump to: